Elementor is a drag-and-drop page home builder plugin for WordPress. This means a number of things:
– Elementor allows you create original-looking blog posts and also web pages that are special, compared to the common post/page design templates that include your WordPress motif.
– You get a 100% separate interface to work on your posts and web pages– the bulk of your job does not happen in the basic block editor that features WordPress.
– It does not require any HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– whatever can be done via a handy user-facing interface.
– It works with the front end of your internet site, suggesting it reveals you the results of your work immediately in a genuine ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can use it to produce any material format or web page design you can imagine– regardless of what your current WordPress motif allows you to do.
– As well as, most importantly, it works with all WordPress styles, so you can keep your present design as well as still obtain every one of the goodies Elementor features.
Putting all of it together, the main benefit of using Elementor is that you can develop excellent page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist neither have any experience with website building.
This is especially vital if you’re on a limited budget plan and don’t intend to hire anybody to assist you with the website.
That do it yourself concept appears to reverberate with customers a lot. At the time of composing, more than three million(!) WordPress internet sites had Elementor set up and also active. That’s a staggering number, and it just goes to show that Elementor has really taken the web by storm.
Allow’s have a look into several of the most fascinating features of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Features and also Advantages
First, there’s the main web page building functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to discuss that in a minute.
There are greater than 90 web content elements/modules to pick from– photos, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, progress bars, testimonials and more.
A lot of points work with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of element and relocate to a new place simply by dragging it throughout the display.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made page templates that can be imported and also modified. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus cost-free as well as 300-plus pro design templates offered. Additionally, you can conserve your own design templates.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can utilize the Style Building contractor function, which allows you to customize your theme’s core aspects, such as the header, footer, single article layout, or your blog site archives.
Finally, there’s also a completely brand-new WooCommerce Builder component. It resembles Motif Home builder, however this one allows you to redesign all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary item page or product archive.
As I discussed earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to permit you to build, fine-tune and also adjust your web pages freely– and after that see the outcome of that in real-time.
That online preview function suggests you don’t have to wonder what your page is going to look like when released (which is the typical situation with native WordPress pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? Initially, Elementor allows you to capitalize on many material elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the page. You can then reposition those components with the abovementioned drag-and-drop support.
The available content aspects include headlines, photos, text paragraphs, video clips, buttons, dividers, spacers, icons, picture galleries as well as carousels, counters, endorsements, social media icons, shortcodes, and also a lot a lot more. Additionally, you reach make use of whatever widgets you currently have on your WordPress site.
Besides that, Elementor provides you access to present settings. This is where you can transform the backgrounds, margins and also extra padding values, default shades, fonts, and more.
In addition to that, there’s a full modification background, suggesting you can revert to a previous variation of the web page (in case you messed something up and also do not know exactly how to repair it).
Last, but absolutely not least, Elementor gives you full control over what your web page resembles on desktop, tablet as well as mobile.
Using those small toggles, you can switch back and forth in between gadgets, and readjust the fine information to make the web page look great anywhere.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor review accurate, I need to most likely discuss there’s a Pro edition offered as well. Yet you don’t actually require it to take pleasure in, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The primary plugin is offered via the main WordPress repository (get it below). There are no concealed expenses or signups/registrations required. It just works!
Currently, about that Pro version. Provided, it does include some interesting things that power users will appreciate:
50- plus extra content elements/modules.
300- plus additional page templates.
Theme Building contractor (the module where you can alter the headers and footers of your present motif).
WooCommerce Building contractor (the module that permits you do reconstruct your WooCommerce item pages).
Popup Home builder (a module where you can develop pop-ups and have them incorporated with either an opt-in form or some special offer/discount).
Visual Form Contractor (includes integrations with prominent advertising tools).
You can develop Worldwide Widgets and after that recycle them throughout the website.
Add personalized CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars and widgets.
Here’s the present pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual membership, so you additionally get 24/7 assistance and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competitors? Well, that depends on just how we check out it.
Even though the marketplace of page building contractors has grown a whole lot throughout the years, the two main competitors of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Home Builder as well as Divi Home Builder. Hence, for lots of people, selecting a page building contractor boils down to choosing between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, yet highly restricted
- Construct and organize a site– $89/year. Perfect if you intend to hold a site besides just creating it.
- Vital– $49/year. A good choice to design a single internet site.
- Expert- $199/year. Ideal for making approximately 25 websites
- Studio– $499/year and also functions well for 100 web sites
- Firm– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s free. And also many brand-new internet sites will not need to update to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional series of features and also is easy to use.
+ Again, the range of functions that are readily available totally free is more than outstanding. I feel I must include that on the list two times.
+ It enables you to develop personalized web page formats as well as styles that might not be offered in your present motif and doesn’t require any type of HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Features such as inline text editing and real-time previews give you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing interface.
+ The capability to readjust your desktop, tablet and also mobile sights separately.
+ There are very detailed settings for all of the placements, margins and also padding values. Essentially nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding personalized styling to links doesn’t constantly go as intended. You may be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and color setups, which might not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s commonly tough to locate the specific margin worth that’s the offender. For example, you may have a main block, a column inside it, and after that a web content aspect inside that. Each of them has its own margin settings.