Elementor is a drag-and-drop page home builder plugin for WordPress. This indicates a number of things:
– Elementor allows you develop original-looking messages and web pages that are distinct, compared to the basic post/page design templates that feature your WordPress theme.
– You obtain a 100% different user interface to service your blog posts as well as web pages– the mass of your job does not take place in the common block editor that features WordPress.
– It doesn’t require any kind of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done via a convenient user-facing user interface.
– It deals with the front end of your web site, implying it shows you the outcomes of your job immediately in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can utilize it to develop any material layout or page format you can visualize– no matter what your present WordPress motif enables you to do.
– And also, most notably, it collaborates with all WordPress styles, so you can keep your current layout as well as still obtain all of the rewards Elementor includes.
Putting it all together, the main advantage of using Elementor is that you can create impressive page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist nor have any kind of experience with site building.
This is particularly essential if you’re on a limited budget as well as don’t intend to work with any individual to help you with the site.
That DIY concept seems to resonate with users a great deal. At the time of creating, more than three million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor set up as well as energetic. That’s an astonishing number, and also it just goes to show that Elementor has genuinely taken the web by storm.
Allow’s look right into some of one of the most interesting features of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Features and also Benefits
First, there’s the main web page structure performance itself. We’re mosting likely to discuss that soon.
There are more than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– images, headings, buttons, slide carousels, counters, development bars, endorsements as well as even more.
A lot of points collaborate with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of element as well as move it to a brand-new place merely by dragging it across the screen.
The pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page layouts that can be imported and also modified. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus complimentary as well as 300-plus professional design templates offered. Furthermore, you can save your own layouts.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Motif Home builder attribute, which allows you to change your style’s core components, such as the header, footer, solitary message design template, or your blog archives.
Lastly, there’s additionally an entirely brand-new WooCommerce Builder component. It resembles Style Building contractor, yet this set permits you to redesign every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your single product page or product archive.
As I pointed out previously, the core capability of the plugin is to enable you to develop, modify and also change your pages openly– and after that see the end result of that in real-time.
That real-time preview feature suggests you don’t have to wonder what your page is mosting likely to look like when published (which is the basic scenario with native WordPress pages that are very theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? First, Elementor enables you to capitalize on lots of material elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the web page. You can then rearrange those components with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The readily available material aspects consist of headings, images, message paragraphs, video clips, buttons, dividers, spacers, symbols, image galleries and carousels, counters, endorsements, social media icons, shortcodes, and also a great deal a lot more. Likewise, you get to use whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress website.
Apart from that, Elementor provides you access to present settings. This is where you can transform the backgrounds, margins and padding values, default colors, typefaces, and more.
On top of that, there’s a complete alteration background, indicating you can revert to a previous variation of the page (in case you messed something up and also don’t understand how to fix it).
Last, but definitely not the very least, Elementor provides you full control over what your web page resembles on desktop computer, tablet computer and mobile.
Using those small toggles, you can switch over to and fro between tools, and also adjust the great details to make the page appearance excellent anywhere.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor evaluation valid, I ought to possibly point out there’s a Pro edition readily available too. Yet you do not truly need it to appreciate, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The major plugin is offered by means of the main WordPress repository (get it below). There are no hidden prices or signups/registrations required. It simply works!
Now, about that Pro version. Given, it does feature some interesting stuff that power users will enjoy:
50- plus additional web content elements/modules.
300- plus added page templates.
Style Builder (the component where you can alter the headers and also footers of your current theme).
WooCommerce Home builder (the module that enables you do reconstruct your WooCommerce product web pages).
Popup Builder (a module where you can build pop-ups and also have them incorporated with either an opt-in form or some special offer/discount).
Aesthetic Type Building contractor (includes integrations with prominent advertising tools).
You can produce Global Widgets and after that recycle them throughout the website.
Include custom CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and also widgets.
Here’s the existing pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly subscription, so you also get 24/7 support and also updates as long as you stay subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that relies on how we consider it.
Although the market of web page home builders has expanded a lot for many years, both major rivals of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Contractor as well as Divi Building Contractor. Therefore, for many individuals, selecting a web page builder boils down to making a decision in between Elementor, Beaver as well as Divi.
- Free– $0, but extremely restricted
- Construct as well as hold a site– $89/year. Suitable if you intend to hold a website besides just developing it.
- Vital– $49/year. A good selection to design a single web site.
- Professional- $199/year. Suitable for developing as much as 25 websites
- Workshop– $499/year as well as functions well for 100 websites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 websites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s complimentary. And also a lot of brand-new websites will not need to update to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional series of features and is easy to use.
+ Once again, the series of attributes that are offered for free is more than remarkable. I feel I must include that on the checklist two times.
+ It permits you to build custom page designs and layouts that may not be available in your current style and doesn’t require any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Functions such as inline text editing and also real-time previews give you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing and enhancing interface.
+ The capacity to change your desktop computer, tablet computer and mobile views independently.
+ There are extremely thorough settings for every one of the positionings, margins as well as padding values. Essentially absolutely nothing is outdoors your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Including custom-made styling to links doesn’t always go as planned. You may be stuck with Elementor’s default typography as well as color setups, which might not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s typically difficult to find the precise margin worth that’s the offender. For example, you might have a key block, a column inside it, and afterwards a material element inside that. Each of them has its own margin settings.