Elementor is a drag-and-drop page building contractor plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor lets you create original-looking posts and pages that are special, compared with the common post/page layouts that come with your WordPress theme.
– You obtain a 100% separate user interface to work on your articles and also pages– the bulk of your job does not happen in the basic block editor that features WordPress.
– It doesn’t call for any kind of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– whatever can be done via a helpful user-facing interface.
– It works on the front end of your web site, meaning it shows you the outcomes of your job right away in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can utilize it to create any type of content format or page design you can visualize– no matter what your current WordPress theme enables you to do.
– And also, most importantly, it deals with all WordPress styles, so you can keep your existing layout as well as still get all of the goodies Elementor features.
Placing everything together, the main benefit of using Elementor is that you can create outstanding web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a specialist neither have any type of experience with website structure.
This is specifically important if you’re on a tight spending plan as well as don’t wish to work with anybody to aid you with the site.
That do it yourself concept seems to resonate with users a lot. At the time of composing, more than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had actually Elementor set up as well as energetic. That’s an astonishing number, and also it simply mosts likely to reveal that Elementor has actually really taken the web by storm.
Let’s take a look into some of one of the most fascinating features of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Functions as well as Benefits
First, there’s the primary web page structure functionality itself. We’re mosting likely to discuss that soon.
There are greater than 90 content elements/modules to choose from– images, headings, buttons, carousels, counters, progress bars, testimonials as well as more.
Most things work with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of aspect and also move it to a new spot merely by dragging it across the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page themes that can be imported and customized. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus free and also 300-plus pro themes offered. Additionally, you can save your very own themes.
If you get on the Pro version of Elementor, you can utilize the Style Home builder function, which permits you to modify your motif’s core components, such as the header, footer, solitary message layout, or your blog site archives.
Finally, there’s likewise an entirely brand-new WooCommerce Home builder module. It’s similar to Style Contractor, yet this enables you to redo every one of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary product web page or product archive.
As I stated previously, the core functionality of the plugin is to enable you to construct, modify as well as change your web pages openly– and after that see the outcome of that in real-time.
That live preview feature means you do not have to question what your page is going to look like when published (which is the typical situation with native WordPress pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do exactly? First, Elementor allows you to capitalize on numerous material elements/modules (more than 90 of them), which you can position anywhere on the web page. You can then reorganize those components with the previously mentioned drag-and-drop support.
The readily available content aspects consist of headlines, images, message paragraphs, videos, switches, divider panels, spacers, icons, picture galleries as well as slide carousels, counters, testimonials, social media icons, shortcodes, and a great deal more. Also, you reach use whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress site.
Besides that, Elementor offers you access to present settings. This is where you can alter the backgrounds, margins and also padding values, default colors, fonts, and more.
On top of that, there’s a complete modification background, indicating you can revert to a previous variation of the page (in case you messed something up and do not recognize exactly how to fix it).
Last, however certainly not least, Elementor offers you full control over what your page resembles on desktop computer, tablet and mobile.
Using those tiny toggles, you can switch back and forth in between devices, and change the fine information to make the web page look terrific all over.
Okay, to keep this Elementor review valid, I need to most likely mention there’s a Pro version readily available as well. But you don’t really require it to enjoy, state, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is offered through the official WordPress repository (get it below). There are no covert expenses or signups/registrations required. It simply functions!
Now, regarding that Pro edition. Provided, it does include some fascinating things that power users will enjoy:
50- plus added web content elements/modules.
300- plus extra web page layouts.
Theme Builder (the component where you can change the headers and also footers of your present theme).
WooCommerce Builder (the module that allows you do reconstruct your WooCommerce product pages).
Popup Contractor (a module where you can build pop-ups as well as have them integrated with either an opt-in form or some special offer/discount).
Visual Kind Contractor (includes assimilations with popular advertising and marketing devices).
You can create Global Widgets and then reuse them throughout the site.
Add custom-made CSS to any Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor components in sidebars and also widgets.
Below’s the current rates of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual subscription, so you also get 24/7 assistance as well as updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor far better than the competitors? Well, that relies on how we consider it.
Although the marketplace of page builders has expanded a whole lot for many years, the two major competitors of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Contractor and Divi Contractor. Therefore, for many individuals, choosing a page building contractor boils down to choosing between Elementor, Beaver and also Divi.
- Free– $0, but very restricted
- Develop and host a site– $89/year. Suitable if you want to hold a site besides simply producing it.
- Vital– $49/year. An excellent option to create a single website.
- Expert- $199/year. Ideal for designing approximately 25 websites
- Workshop– $499/year as well as functions well for 100 web sites
- Company– $999/year for 1000 sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s complimentary. As well as most brand-new internet sites will not require to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional variety of functions and is easy to use.
+ Once again, the series of features that are readily available free of charge is greater than remarkable. I feel I ought to include that on the checklist two times.
+ It enables you to build custom-made page designs and designs that might not be available in your present style and doesn’t need any kind of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing as well as real-time previews offer you a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing interface.
+ The ability to adjust your desktop computer, tablet and mobile views separately.
+ There are really detailed setups for every one of the placements, margins and extra padding values. Actually absolutely nothing is outside your control.
Disadvantages of Elementor:
– Adding personalized styling to web links does not constantly go as planned. You might be stuck with Elementor’s default typography and color settings, which might not be what you desire.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s commonly tough to situate the specific margin worth that’s the culprit. As an example, you may have a key block, a column inside it, and after that a content element inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.