Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of points:
– Elementor allows you develop original-looking blog posts as well as web pages that are special, compared to the standard post/page design templates that come with your WordPress theme.
– You get a 100% separate interface to work on your articles and pages– the mass of your job doesn’t happen in the basic block editor that features WordPress.
– It does not call for any type of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding skills– everything can be done through an useful user-facing user interface.
– It works with the front end of your internet site, meaning it reveals you the end results of your work immediately in an authentic ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ fashion.
– You can utilize it to create any content design or page design you can visualize– regardless of what your current WordPress motif permits you to do.
– And also, most importantly, it collaborates with all WordPress styles, so you can keep your current layout as well as still obtain every one of the goodies Elementor features.
Placing it all together, the primary benefit of using Elementor is that you can develop impressive web page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional neither have any kind of experience with site structure.
This is especially important if you’re on a limited budget as well as do not wish to work with any person to assist you with the website.
That DIY principle seems to resonate with users a lot. At the time of writing, greater than three million(!) WordPress websites had Elementor mounted and also energetic. That’s a staggering number, as well as it simply mosts likely to reveal that Elementor has actually truly taken the internet by tornado.
Let’s take a look right into some of one of the most fascinating features of Elementor’s, one by one:
Attributes and Advantages
First, there’s the major page structure capability itself. We’re mosting likely to speak about that soon.
There are greater than 90 web content elements/modules to choose from– images, headings, switches, slide carousels, counters, progression bars, reviews and also even more.
Most things work with drag-and-drop– you can take any element as well as relocate to a brand-new spot simply by dragging it across the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a collection of pre-made web page themes that can be imported and customized. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus cost-free as well as 300-plus professional layouts readily available. In addition, you can save your own design templates.
If you’re on the Pro variation of Elementor, you can make use of the Motif Builder attribute, which enables you to change your theme’s core components, such as the header, footer, single blog post design template, or your blog site archives.
Lastly, there’s additionally an entirely new WooCommerce Home builder module. It’s similar to Style Building contractor, but this one allows you to redesign every one of your default WooCommerce web pages, such as your solitary item web page or item archive.
As I mentioned earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to enable you to construct, fine-tune and also change your web pages easily– and after that see the result of that in real-time.
That real-time preview attribute implies you don’t have to question what your web page is going to resemble when published (which is the standard circumstance with indigenous WordPress web pages that are highly theme-dependent).
So, what can you do precisely? Initially, Elementor permits you to benefit from lots of content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the page. You can after that rearrange those elements with the aforementioned drag-and-drop support.
The offered web content elements consist of headlines, photos, message paragraphs, videos, switches, divider panels, spacers, icons, photo galleries and also carousels, counters, testimonials, social media icons, shortcodes, and a great deal much more. Also, you get to use whatever widgets you already have on your WordPress site.
In addition to that, Elementor offers you access to show settings. This is where you can transform the backgrounds, margins and also padding values, default shades, typefaces, and so forth.
On top of that, there’s a full revision history, implying you can revert to a previous version of the page (in case you messed something up and also don’t know how to fix it).
Last, but absolutely not least, Elementor offers you full control over what your page appears like on desktop computer, tablet and also mobile.
Making use of those little toggles, you can switch over to and fro between devices, as well as adjust the great information to make the page look fantastic everywhere.
Okay, to maintain this Elementor evaluation accurate, I should probably mention there’s a Pro edition readily available as well. But you don’t really need it to take pleasure in, claim, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– truthfully!
The primary plugin is available via the main WordPress repository (get it here). There are no covert costs or signups/registrations required. It just functions!
Currently, about that Pro edition. Provided, it does feature some fascinating things that power users will take pleasure in:
50- plus added content elements/modules.
300- plus added web page design templates.
Style Building contractor (the component where you can change the headers as well as footers of your present motif).
WooCommerce Building contractor (the module that allows you do rebuild your WooCommerce product web pages).
Popup Contractor (a component where you can develop pop-ups and also have them incorporated with either an opt-in form or some unique offer/discount).
Aesthetic Kind Contractor (includes combinations with preferred advertising devices).
You can develop Worldwide Widgets and afterwards reuse them throughout the website.
Include custom CSS to any type of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor elements in sidebars as well as widgets.
Here’s the current prices of Elementor Pro:
This is an annual subscription, so you additionally get 24/7 assistance and also updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that depends upon how we look at it.
Despite the fact that the marketplace of web page home builders has actually grown a whole lot over the years, the two main competitors of Elementor’s are still the very same– those are Beaver Building Contractor and also Divi Contractor. Thus, for many individuals, picking a web page building contractor boils down to determining in between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, but very restricted
- Develop and host a website– $89/year. Perfect if you intend to hold a website besides simply developing it.
- Important– $49/year. An excellent option to make a solitary site.
- Expert- $199/year. Suitable for developing as much as 25 sites
- Studio– $499/year and also functions well for 100 web sites
- Firm– $999/year for 1000 web sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s cost-free. And most new websites will not need to update to Pro.
+ It has an exceptional variety of features as well as is easy to use.
+ Once more, the variety of attributes that are offered totally free is greater than excellent. I feel I need to consist of that on the checklist twice.
+ It permits you to construct custom-made page formats and also styles that might not be available in your existing style and doesn’t require any HTML, CSS or PHP abilities.
+ Attributes such as inline text editing and also real-time sneak peeks provide you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ modifying interface.
+ The capacity to adjust your desktop, tablet and also mobile sights separately.
+ There are very in-depth settings for every one of the positionings, margins and cushioning worths. Essentially nothing is outside your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Including custom-made styling to web links doesn’t constantly go as planned. You may be stuck with Elementor’s default typography as well as shade setups, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the page, it’s usually difficult to find the exact margin worth that’s the offender. As an example, you may have a key block, a column inside it, and afterwards a content aspect inside that. Each of them has its own margin setups.