Elementor is a drag-and-drop page builder plugin for WordPress. This means a couple of things:
– Elementor allows you produce original-looking articles and also web pages that are distinct, compared with the typical post/page design templates that include your WordPress theme.
– You get a 100% different user interface to work on your messages and also web pages– the mass of your work does not occur in the common block editor that includes WordPress.
– It does not require any kind of HTML/CSS/PHP/ coding abilities– everything can be done via a helpful user-facing interface.
– It services the front end of your website, implying it reveals you the end results of your work as soon as possible in a real ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ manner.
– You can utilize it to create any kind of material layout or web page format you can visualize– no matter what your current WordPress motif allows you to do.
– As well as, most importantly, it works with all WordPress themes, so you can maintain your present layout and also still get all of the goodies Elementor comes with.
Putting all of it together, the major benefit of using Elementor is that you can produce excellent page layouts/designs, even if you’re not a professional neither have any experience with site building.
This is particularly important if you’re on a limited budget plan and also do not want to hire anyone to assist you with the site.
That do it yourself principle seems to resonate with users a great deal. At the time of composing, greater than 3 million(!) WordPress websites had actually Elementor installed and also energetic. That’s an astonishing number, as well as it simply mosts likely to show that Elementor has absolutely taken the internet by storm.
Let’s look right into several of one of the most fascinating functions of Elementor’s, one at a time:
Functions as well as Advantages
First, there’s the major web page structure capability itself. We’re going to discuss that in a minute.
There are more than 90 web content elements/modules to choose from– pictures, headings, buttons, slide carousels, counters, development bars, testimonies and even more.
Many things collaborate with drag-and-drop– you can take any kind of aspect and move it to a new area just by dragging it across the screen.
The web pages are all mobile-responsive and SEO-friendly.
There’s a library of pre-made web page templates that can be imported and changed. At the time of composing, there were 150-plus cost-free as well as 300-plus pro layouts available. Additionally, you can save your own design templates.
If you’re on the Pro version of Elementor, you can use the Motif Builder attribute, which allows you to modify your theme’s core components, such as the header, footer, single blog post design template, or your blog site archives.
Last but not least, there’s additionally a completely brand-new WooCommerce Contractor module. It resembles Style Building contractor, but this set enables you to renovate all of your default WooCommerce pages, such as your solitary product web page or product archive.
As I mentioned earlier, the core functionality of the plugin is to enable you to construct, fine-tune as well as readjust your web pages easily– and then see the end result of that in real-time.
That live preview function implies you do not have to wonder what your web page is going to appear like when published (which is the standard situation with indigenous WordPress pages that are extremely theme-dependent).
So, what can you do specifically? Initially, Elementor enables you to capitalize on lots of content elements/modules (greater than 90 of them), which you can put anywhere on the page. You can then reposition those aspects with the previously mentioned drag-and-drop support.
The available content components include headings, photos, message paragraphs, videos, buttons, divider panels, spacers, icons, picture galleries as well as carousels, counters, reviews, social media sites symbols, shortcodes, and also a whole lot much more. Additionally, you get to make use of whatever widgets you currently have on your WordPress site.
Apart from that, Elementor provides you access to show setups. This is where you can transform the histories, margins and also extra padding values, default shades, typefaces, and more.
On top of that, there’s a full modification background, meaning you can change to a previous variation of the page (in case you messed something up and also do not know just how to fix it).
Last, however absolutely not the very least, Elementor offers you full control over what your web page appears like on desktop, tablet computer and also mobile.
Using those little toggles, you can change back and forth between tools, and also readjust the fine information to make the page appearance wonderful almost everywhere.
Okay, to keep this Elementor review accurate, I ought to probably point out there’s a Pro edition readily available also. But you don’t truly need it to take pleasure in, say, 90% of Elementor’s awesomeness– honestly!
The main plugin is available through the main WordPress repository (get it right here). There are no covert prices or signups/registrations needed. It just functions!
Now, regarding that Pro version. Approved, it does feature some interesting stuff that power users will certainly delight in:
50- plus added web content elements/modules.
300- plus added web page themes.
Motif Building contractor (the module where you can alter the headers and footers of your present motif).
WooCommerce Home builder (the component that allows you do reconstruct your WooCommerce product pages).
Popup Home builder (a component where you can develop pop-ups and also have them incorporated with either an opt-in form or some special offer/discount).
Visual Kind Building contractor (features combinations with preferred advertising tools).
You can produce Worldwide Widgets and after that recycle them throughout the site.
Include personalized CSS to any kind of Elementor block.
Deploy Elementor aspects in sidebars as well as widgets.
Below’s the existing pricing of Elementor Pro:
This is a yearly subscription, so you additionally obtain 24/7 support as well as updates as long as you remain subscribed.
So, is Elementor better than the competition? Well, that relies on just how we consider it.
Despite the fact that the market of page home builders has actually expanded a lot throughout the years, the two major rivals of Elementor’s are still the same– those are Beaver Home Builder and also Divi Contractor. Thus, for lots of people, picking a web page home builder boils down to deciding in between Elementor, Beaver and Divi.
- Free– $0, but highly limited
- Construct and also host a website– $89/year. Suitable if you intend to host a website besides just producing it.
- Crucial– $49/year. A great option to create a solitary web site.
- Expert- $199/year. Ideal for designing up to 25 websites
- Studio– $499/year as well as functions well for 100 internet sites
- Agency– $999/year for 1000 internet sites.
Pros of Elementor:
+ It’s cost-free. And also many brand-new web sites will not need to upgrade to Pro.
+ It has an outstanding variety of attributes as well as is easy to use.
+ Again, the series of features that are readily available free of cost is greater than remarkable. I feel I ought to consist of that on the checklist two times.
+ It permits you to construct custom page formats and also designs that may not be available in your current style and doesn’t call for any type of HTML, CSS or PHP skills.
+ Features such as inline text editing and real-time sneak peeks offer you a true ‘what-you-see-is-what-you-get’ editing user interface.
+ The ability to change your desktop computer, tablet computer as well as mobile views independently.
+ There are really in-depth setups for all of the alignments, margins as well as cushioning worths. Literally absolutely nothing is outdoors your control.
Cons of Elementor:
– Adding custom styling to web links does not always go as prepared. You may be stuck to Elementor’s default typography as well as shade setups, which might not be what you want.
– If something is misaligned on the web page, it’s commonly difficult to situate the precise margin worth that’s the perpetrator. For example, you might have a primary block, a column inside it, and after that a web content aspect inside that. Each of them has its very own margin settings.